These are the discussion points for session 6, courtesy of Michelle Hof. Please refer to this page for the session schedule and details.
1) What did you do (or are currently doing or plan to do) to enter the market after your training?
2) Of the article’s 16 sections, which contain the best advice? And the worst? Were any tips completely new to you?
3) Do you have a Unique Selling Point (USP)? Do you think it’s necessary to have one?
4) What do you think about the author’s comments on markets, competition and rates?
5) What would you prefer: staff or freelance? How about volunteer work?
6) What is your experience with consortia, secretariats, agencies? Any lessons you’d like to share?